Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Slacking Off

I've decided to take a week off and let someone else fill in my blog for me this week. The following in verbatim from the Sang-dong Korean Police Substation.

Dear Mr. Bergen.
This is KP(Korean Police) substation in Sang-dong, Mokpo.
Yesterday, we recieved a statement about lost wallet from one citizen.
We searched your fitness membership card from your wallet.
Then we called Vitamin Fitness Club and found out that you are that club's member.
We also found out your cell-phone number(010-5825-1247) by asking to that club's client.
We tried to call up many times, but there were no answers.
In our opinions, you maybe lost your cell-phone with wallet together.
So, we drop in your club and kept your wallet to client necessary.
Please, get back your wallet from client safely.
And if you any questions, contact us below telephone number.

Korean Police substation in Sang-dong, Mokpo

Yes, the Korean Police have come to my aid by finding my lost wallet. Hopefully my letter of thanks I send to them will bring as many chuckles and good times as their's has for me.

The full story goes as follows: Saturday night, we were playing hockey at a friends house (wait till I publish the blog on my home-made goalie pads), and spent the rest of the night having a few beers and playing cards at his house. Somewhere between his place and mine, my wallet was left behind. I was convinced it was at my friends place, but he left town the next day, so I had to wait to check. Meanwhile, my wallet has actually (I strongly believe) ended up in the back of a taxi. The driver gave it to the police (after taking $10 from it), who then gave it to my gym (or maybe the police took my money), who then tried to give it to another Canadian girl in town, before finally giving it to her boyfriend, possibly because he looks just slightly like me, and by that I mean we're both Canadian. Oh, and he's 6'8", so maybe they knew it was the "tall" Canadian's wallet.

Anyway, it's been two days of only minimal anxiety, as I was so sure where my wallet had been, so it's nice to have it back. One of the teacher's in town here has lost, or had stolen, her passport 5 times up to this point, so I'm not feeling too bad. Thanks for checking back in everyone, I'll post again sometime mid-next week.

No comments: