Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thailand

This will be relatively short, but I've made it safely to Thailand and am having a blast here now. The trip was generally uneventful, other than the full glass of orange juice I dumped in my lap during the flight to Thailand. That was pretty uncomfortable to go through.

Shannon and I are in Tonsai Bay now, a rock climbing mecca where there are more tanned, muscular bodies than anywhere I've ever seen in my life. We've gone climbing three or four days now, and it's been unbelievable. Took me some time to get used to hanging so high by a rope, but every time I go I like it more and more.

I've got food poisoning now, and spent all last night expelling it from my body in every way you could imagine. Today has been a very slow, painful day to get through, and I've only gotten out of bed twice. I shaved though, which is only noteworthy because I was so ill I managed to slash my chin with my razor. I'm not in good shape at the moment.

Anyway, tomorrow we're off to either Koh Pi Pi, Au Nang or Koh Lak - it all depends on how well I feel and what we want to do. I may blog again next week if I have time. Hope everyone in the rest of the world is doing well!

1 comment:

Les said...

hey man, I'll bet you're enjoying yourself. While in Tonsai, you'd do well to climb the "groove tube" - super duper classic, not so hard but holy enjoyable.
if you get to koh phi phi, stop by spidermonkey climbing shop and say hello to Naomi and Teep for me. some pretty chill climbing at that place as well. hopefull i'll see you in korea this time around!