Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My blog last week was tinged with anger, so I should be quick to point out how wonderfully everything turned out in the end. Not perfect, but well enough that I'm more than happy with the result. We were able to cancel one of the food orders, and though we had to buy the more expensive meals, and I will probably have to pay some
money to the restaurant we canceled with, the ultimate tournament made enough money to cover all those costs plus everything else necessary for the weekend.

The weekend of frisbee in Mokpo was great, I really don't know what more I could have asked for. 45 people came to town for it, there was another 8 or so doing concession and volunteer work for the town orphanages, and we had a few random spectators come by on and off to watch the games in action. I did most of the placing of players on each team, and I did my best to keep all the teams perfectly even, and I came as close as I could have I think, with the majority of games ending with only 2 or 3 point differentials. My team however did go 5-0 for the weekend, winning it all in the end.


It felt great putting the whole weekend together, and it wasn't nearly as stressful as I had imagined it would be. I was fairly good at keeping track of things, and
there were only three major setbacks during planning, all of which were handled great I think. One of them included the bar owner where our
party would be getting in a car accident, so while I wasn't able to negotiate the beer prices I wanted, I made up for it by buying each team 2-3 jugs of beer.

It's Tuesday now, and I'm still pretty beat from the weekend, though not nearly as sore as I thought I'd be. I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep each night this
weekend, yet I felt great playing everyday, so I'm not sure where I'm hiding all the exhaustiong I thought I'd be suffering from. Perhaps I was enjoying myself so much, I just kind of forgot that my body was supposed to be in pain. Hope everyone reading this had a good weekend as well!

No comments: